New Normal: School edition

Yesterday, we rolled into another phase of our new normal - A new school year!

MP3 was worried going in to first grade without knowing who was in his class. Once we got on our bikes, he got really excited, remembering all the friends he made last year, recess, learning, and all the things he loves about school.

Bman was very excited coming into the homestretch, which was a huge feat since it has been a tearful process dealing with moving to a new school. He didn't get nervous until we were walking into the building and down the hall. Within a few minutes, a boy we were put in touch with a few weeks ago (we knew he was going to be in Bman's class) walked in and Bman realized the science sign was over his group of desks and the nerves were gone.

To be honest with you, I struggled walking out of the building. Change is hard. Change, even when good and right, is hard. Adjusting to that change, settling into the new normal is a struggle for me. 

Often times it is in the hard, the struggle, the challenge that we grow. We realize that we are not perfect. We realize we need community. We realize that we are not in control - and boy is that a good thing! When I strive for control, it damages relationships (fear and pride will do that). When my heart competes with God to be G/god over my life, it only blinds me from His goodness, faithfulness, blessings, love, and care. He created the Universe. He knew me at the beginning of time. He knows the plans for good He has for me (Jeremiah 29:11) and yet I think I know better. When I trust God to mold me through the change, then the blessings flow out of the struggle.

He is a just and loving Father who desires that I grow and that my heart would look more like Christ. God desires that I be a blessing to those around me. God tells me that when I trust these truths that I can have joy and be strong in Him. He loves my children more than I could hope to and He loves them perfectly. How on earth could doubt He knows what is good and best for my boys!? When I recognize that they are His and that it is my privilege to join Him and Hubs in the calling of raising boys to men, then I can stop holding on in fear and starting enjoying what God is doing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Wondrous Love is This

The Gift of Scars